Saturday, April 14, 2012

Purple Smokey Eye Tutorial

Hello ! Today I will be attempting to show you how to create a purple smokey eye. I want to start off by saying that I don't have a good camera or lighting so some of the picture colors are off, but I swear this is a purple look. lol.

This is the finished look ( like i said before the colors don't show up on my camera how they should be.) , if you like it keep scrolling to see how to achieve this.





1. First start off with applying a primer all over your eyes.




I used Urban Decay's Primer.



2. Next apply a white eyeshadow on the lids of your eyes.


I used Wet n Wild's eyeshadow in Brulee.





3. Then apply a purple mauve color in to your crease. At first when I did this it looked really harsh, but it looks better after you blend it.
For the crease i used Hustle from Urban Decay.





4. Now you want to apply just a pure dark purple color in to your outter corner, and I work mine up and half way in to the crease, to get the gradient effect.




I make the most awkward faces applying makeup !
For this I used Urban Decay's Gravity.






5. BLEND ! You wanna make sure you blend all the colors together nicely or else you'll have harsh lines that are really not attractive.




6. Next apply a black liner to your eyes. I used Maybelline's Line Stiletto, but you can use whatever you want.






7. Lashes ! You can choose your favorite mascara and apply it to your top and bottom lashes. I used Maybelline's Illegal Length and then Rimmel London's Scandal Eyes to give my lashes some volume.








Finished Look Pictures









I hope you enjoyed this !
Please leave comments on what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment