Friday, April 13, 2012

Add A Pop of Color in to Your Everyday Makeup !

       A spring trend that i have been noticing a lot this year is colorful eyeshadows. Many people are breaking out of the neautral eyes and trying some different colors on the eyes. I personal love this new take on eyeshadow, I was becoming quite bored of the same brown neautral looks.


Blues !

Lately my favorite look that I've been wearing a lot recently, is blue eyeshadow. This is a hit or miss for people. A lot of people think that it can be too seventies looking (like when they used to wear the bright blue eyeshadow and bold red lips). But i think if you apply right it actually looks really pretty. I find that blue eyeshadow compliments blue eyes very nicely, but i bet brown or green eyes can definetly pull of this look !


These pictures are my take on the blue makeup look.
Purple !
I love the trend of purple for eyeshadow. I think it compliments every color ! Purples can be used for a flirty day look or a smoky night look. its a very universal color. Purples look especially good on brown and green eyes, but like i said before i think it compliments every eye color. What i really like doing is pairing purple with gold, so you get that bronzed - aztecy look.


I found this picture and this is more of a
neutral day look with purple in it.
I actually re-created this look today and it
came out really nice.
I found this picture also on the internet and I absolutely love it !
 But if you're not in to the gold look a white eyeshadow on the lid looks
really nice when you blend it in with the purple.







 
Pink !
A cute and flirty way to add color in to your makeup is by using pinks. Pink to me is a more subtle way of incorporating color on your eyes. I like to use a pretty pink on the lid then blend in with a brown in the crease. This is a very simple idea and compliments any eye color.





These are some Pretty pink eyeshadow ideas i found. I also like to add a winged eyeliner if i used pink eyeshadow, i think it gives it something extra.

Gold !

I have been loving gold on eyes lately. If you're not ready to wear bright colors on your eyes but still want to change it up from the neutral looks, gold is a great way to do this. It's not a drastic change from browns but still is noticeable. 
This is my take on gold eyeshadow. I call this my "hunger games" look because it reminds of the Hunger Games. I use a pure gold color on my lids and i blend it in with a matte black and usually bring the black under my lower lash line. But you can do your own take on the gold trend.







Thanks for reading all of this. Please leave comments and tell me what you like or don't and suggestions for what else you'd like to see ! Have a beautiful day ! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment